Oakland County Criminal Defense Attorney
Criminal charges can have a huge impact on your future. If convicted of a crime, you may lose your job, experience family issues, or end up in jail. That’s why it’s important to work with a skilled criminal defense attorney who has experience helping individuals in a similar situation as you. In addition, you need a local attorney who’s familiar with the courts and judges in Sterling Heights and surrounding areas.
At Dallo Law, P.C., we understand the stress associated with a criminal charge. Even if you’re simply being investigated by the police, we can help protect your rights. We’re dedicated to providing tough criminal defense representation to residents of the Sterling Heights area. Depending on the type of charge you’re up against, we’ll custom tailor a defense strategy geared towards obtaining the best outcome possible. Contact us at (248) 283-7000 to set up a consultation.
Types of Criminal Cases We Handle
Each criminal case is different. Attorneys must develop a defense strategy suited to the severity and details of each case. At Dallo Law, P.C., we’re well-versed in the Michigan Penal Code and can either fight to have your charges dropped or negotiate for a reduced sentence. We have extensive knowledge and experience defending clients charged with the following crimes:
- Theft – Also referred to as larceny, theft crimes can include everything from minor shoplifting to grand theft. The severity of the charge you’re up against depends on the monetary value of the stolen property. Theft charges may also involve property damage as well.
- Misdemeanors – These include less severe charges such as vandalism, assault, disorderly conduct, or reckless driving. Many misdemeanors only result in fines, but you could also face jail time if your case is not handled properly. Some misdemeanors are punishable by up to one year in jail.
- Assault – This charge can include aggravated assault, domestic assault, assault with a dangerous weapon, or assault and battery. Depending on your case, you could be facing serious fines, probation, or jail time.
- Drug Arrests – A drug charge could include either possession or intent to distribute. We can determine if your rights were violated during a drug arrest and fight for dismissal. If you’re facing probation or jail time, we can negotiate for a reduced punishment.
- Kidnapping – This crime includes holding a person for ransom or as a hostage. You may also be charged with kidnapping for taking a child out of the state. If you’ve been charged with kidnapping, you’re facing serious jail time and a fine of up to $50,000. You’ll need experienced criminal defense representation to evaluate your case and determine the best approach.
- Violent Crimes – Any crime that involves using or threatening force upon another person is considered a violent crime. This can include homicide, sex crimes, robbery, or aggravated assault. Depending on the charge you’re up against, you could face extensive jail time, probation, and fines.
If you’ve been arrested and charged with any of these crimes, it’s important you contact Dallo Law, P.C. as soon as possible. In many criminal defense cases, time is of the essence. Waiting to hire legal representation or choosing to defend yourself will result in a negative outcome. Give us a call today at (248) 283-7000 to discuss your case.
What an Experienced Criminal Lawyer Will Do for You
If you’ve been arrested and charged with one of the crimes discussed above, Dallo Law, P.C. can help. Even if you’re being investigated by police in connection to a crime, we’ll advise you on the best course of action. It’s our goal to provide tough, honest criminal representation custom tailored to your circumstances.
When you hire us, we’ll work closely with you to craft the best defense strategy possible. Not only is it our mission to provide high-quality defense, but we’ll also educate you so you’re clear on Michigan laws and procedures. Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- Evaluate all charges, details of your arrest, and evidence.
- Recommend a strategy based on the facts of your case and your prior record, if any.
- If appropriate, we’ll negotiate a plea bargain with the district attorney. This will help reduce potential punishment.
- Guide you through the legal process once your case goes to court.
- If needed, we can work with private investigators and expert witnesses during the court case.
At Dallo Law, P.C., we strive to make the communication process as easy as possible. We understand you’re under a lot of stress and will keep you informed of any developments in your case.
Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney Today
After a criminal charge, you may feel like you have nobody to turn to. The fact of the matter is, once you’ve hired experienced criminal defense law firm, you’ll realize you still have rights under the law. However, it’s important you act fast. Don’t let an arrest or criminal charge ruin your future. Contact Dallo Law, P.C. today at (248) 283-7000 to discuss your options.