Immigration Paralegal for Dallo law
Growing boutique law firm that represents high-asset clients and their family, friends, and colleagues facing criminal or immigration issues seeks an experienced immigration paralegal. Paralegal Candidate must not only be ready, willing, and able to produce superb work product, but also one focused on excellent client satisfaction. Candidate must be prepared to work hard to take the best care of clients, take pride in work, have fun, and support staff in a family environment.
Candidate must be experienced with some Criminal Procedure skills and can preferably read, write, and speak Spanish to join our growing team. Spanish-speaking is not required, so long as Candidate has the experience and is awesome at the below-listed skills. Ideal Candidate will understand exactly what applications and supporting documents are necessary for submission to ensure comprehensive representation; actively, efficiently, and effectively research; organize and maintain files; file pleadings with court clerks; help prepare for trials; and manage the office and clients with the utmost care, skill, and professionalism.
To be successful in this role Candidate will need to embrace and improve office processes in every prospective client interaction. Proficiency in Google (including Calendar and Drive), Calendly, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Professional, Dropbox, Trello, Slack, and other technologies is necessary. It is not required that Candidate already is a master in everything from the above list, but Candidate should already have Microsoft 365 skills and is very tech-savvy and adaptive enough to be proficient in unfamiliar software in short time.
Your role is critical:
- Identify, prepare, and file/e-file the proper Family Immigration forms, such as Petitions, Waivers, Adjustments of Status, Asylum, Citizenship, Forms of Reliefs in Removal Proceedings, Motions to Reopen, etc. from start to finish;
- Ensure all applications, motions, briefs, etc. conform to the exact specifications of the pertinent judges, clerks/secretaries, and practice manuals, etc…
- Work patiently, efficiently, and effectively with clients in obtaining supporting documents and completing applications;
- Coordinate the collection, review, and production of documents;
- Meet with clients, attorneys, witnesses, and others to review and prepare cases;
- Act as a liaison among all parties, including court and other neutrals, for scheduling and sharing information;
- Assist with trial/hearing preparation, including review and strategize best practices for each unique case, investigate facts/laws, search public records and other resources, assembly of exhibits, hearing binders, and file pleadings/applications;
- Expert in procedure and e-filing with USCIS, the NVC, and also the Immigration, Oakland County, Macomb County, Wayne County, and Eastern Federal District courts;
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations in legal documents;
- Draft memos, motions, letters, or outlines and submit as needed any relevant alerts/notices that we may need to know about and use your judgement whether to inform Attorney right away or at our weekly meetings;
- Gather and analyze statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data;
- Daily record-keeping of case updates, statuses, filings, etc.;
- Organize and maintain documents in our electronic filing system;
- Participate in educational opportunities to keep up-to-date on job knowledge;
- Read professional publications;
- Cultivate and grow professional relationships;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Legal research and investigation skills;
- Ability to follow direction and procedures;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments; and
- Innovate, research new tech and methods, and improve the way we do things!
Work Hours & Benefits
- Monday – Friday: 8AM-4PM or 9AM-5PM. Flexible as long as we’re productive;
- We can discuss and test Fridays being work-from-home days after ninety (90) days of stellar performance;
- Full medical and dental benefits;
- Paid Time Off accrues after 90 days
Paralegal Requirements Includes, but is not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or a degree in paralegal studies;
- Five (5) years of significant and substantive litigation experience as an immigration paralegal in a law firm;
- Proficient with Microsoft 365, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Professional and friendly oral and written communication skills
If you believe that you qualify and you are interested, please email Attorney Dallo direct at email@example.com.